Conditions of Entry
1. The work must be painted without assistance from digital technology. Work should be painted from life.
2. Maximum size 73cm. x 60cm. or 32 inches x 24 inches unframed
3. Mediums: all traditional mediums including oil, acrylic, gouache, egg tempera, watercolour on all traditional surfaces
4. This prize is non-acquisitive
5. The Rick Amor Self Portrait Prize is open to Australian Citizens living in Australia or abroad
6. A maximum of one artwork per artist can be submitted
7. All shortlisted works will be chosen by a selection panel whose decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Changes must not be made to the work once it has been submitted. The selectors reserve the right to exclude any work.
9. Must have been painted after 1 January 2016
10. To be eligible for selection the entry must be submitted 5pm on Thursday 24 August 2017. No late submissions will be accepted.
11. Works may be offered for sale and will be accordingly listed in a Price List with the sale status entered being a price or NFS (not for sale). The final price in the catalogue must include the GST (10%) and the Gallery commission of 33.3%
12. Shortlisted 2D works must be mounted or framed professionally and ready for hanging with our wire-based hanging system. Montsalvat’s uneven walls and heritage listing mean that pins, nails, magnets or similar are not permitted to be used. Please note that any works which do not comply with this will not be hung.
13. The work must be clearly marked on the back with artist’s name, address, contact details and title of work
14. Artists must provide high resolution digital images of their work with their completed entry form. These images must be in JPG format, and have a file size of no less than 1MB, and no more than 15MB.
15. Works must be delivered to the Barn Gallery at Montsalvat between Friday 20 October and Monday 23 October, between the hours of 10am and 4pm. On delivery, the artist or person delivering the work on their behalf will be required to sign a condition report. At the conclusion of the exhibition, upon collecting the work, the artist or person collecting on their behalf will be required to sign a second condition report.
16. An entry fee of $10 applies to each entry for the prize, including those not selected for exhibition. This fee is payable in person at Montsalvat, by cheque, or over the phone via credit card. Any entry for which payment has not been received by the submission deadline will not be eligible for selection. The entry fee is non-refundable and contributes to administration and handling of entries for the Prize. Please note that early payment is recommended. If the entrant wishes to pay via credit card over the phone, be aware that we often experience high volumes of phone calls in the three days before close of entries.
17. The entrant warrants that the work is original and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party. The entrant indemnifies Montsalvat against any loss resulting from breach of these warranties.
18. By submitting a work to the Prize, entrants acknowledge that the organisers have the right to photograph and video all entries to the exhibition and that such photographs and videos shall remain the property of the organisers who shall have the right to use the images for exhibition, promotion or educational documentation, including the promotion of forthcoming exhibitions.
19. Where possible, shortlisted entrants should attend the Exhibition Opening on Thursday 26 October 2017 at 6.30pm. Those unable to attend should nominate a representative to be in attendance on their behalf.
20. At the completion of the exhibition unsold work must be collected on Monday 8 January, Tuesday 9 January or Wednesday 10 January 2018, between the hours of 10am and 4pm. If the work is not collected on one of the dates as specified above, a storage fee of $10 per day will be charged to the artist. If the entrant is unable to collect their work due to extenuating circumstances the storage fee may be waived, however the entrant must contact Montsalvat by no later than 22 December 2017 to make other arrangements. Please note the Barn Gallery is frequently busy with openings, concerts and other events. Staff cannot guarantee that they will be able to assist with the collection of work outside of the specified collection dates if arrangements are not made in advance.
21. While all reasonable care will be taken, Montsalvat will accept no responsibility for damage to work during installation, display or dismantling of the exhibition. The participating artist/owner(s) is responsible for:
a) insurance of all works for the duration of the exhibition including delivery and collection and
b) delivery, collection and any associated costs of works entered in the exhibition